Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Testimony and My Warning

Hello, everybody. This is Kenny Moake, Melissa's husband. I have had the honor to be invited to contribute to this blog and be part of our family record-keeping. 

I have felt strongly about this subject, and I felt I needed to say something so that all could hear. Please read.

To ask me to sit back and watch or approve the government and other powers that be legislate homosexual marriage into existence is asking me to condone and give my seal of moral approval on this practice. This is something that I cannot and will not do, as I do know through the power of God that this practice, if continued or expanded, will lead to judgments similar to those rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah and  I will not be silent, nor will I buckle under pressure. I know what I know, and it is no act of love on my part to simply "let people do what they want," or "let it all take its course." I will be part of the course this country takes, even if I'm one voice in the distance, or the only voice, pleading and crying for sanity. The responsibility and the privilege is mine while I live in an America which resembles the America I know. So long as I am able to draw breath, I will plead to God in heaven and men on earth that this nation may follow correct principles, which cannot be changed, cannot be argued or theorized out of existence. This is something so much greater than I am, or that any one of you are, that I will not hesitate to state the truth of this matter. The Lord said, "It becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor" (D&C 88: 81). I have been warned.

To the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reading this, I remind you of your covenants. I remind you that exactly one thing can keep you from the glory you have been promised by the Lord your God. And that is infidelity to Him. Are you actively advocating what the Lord and His Church has stated on this issue? Do you even know what that position is? If you are not so prepared and so occupied, you need to sit down, you need to ponder and you need to read, and you need to take up your sword in defense of what is true and right. Do not make excuses, do not seek to bandy words on this subject, or seek to sit on the sidelines. You know what is right and you know what you need to do, or you ought to. Make no mistake, I and every other faithful Saint will testify against you at the judgment bar if you do not. And more than this, every child who comes into this world after it has suffered the consequences of the debate now at hand will accuse you, because you withheld your voice. I have seen far too many members forget or even betray their covenants lately.  For you I can have no sympathy, and I can make no apologies for my words, for you do know that I speak the truth.

To those who are not members of this Church, I understand that all that I have stated thus far may appear ridiculous or overly emotional. Let me assure you that the emotion is appropriate. This is an issue which, perhaps more than any before, is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The danger is subtle. It is something that will be manifested, at first, mostly in the private lives of men and women, but also children who have come into this world without the kind of home and family support that God has pleaded with us to provide them. It will manifest itself later as a degradation of society as these children grow up, not having the leadership and example of both a mother and a father. This is my testimony, and as this Lord stated in Doctrine and Covenants 88:71,  "[L]et those whom [the Elders of the Church] have warned in their traveling call on the Lord, and ponder the warning in their hearts which they have received, for a little season." Do at least this. Ponder honestly in your hearts on what the real issue is here. Read the scriptures and the modern revelations you can find here and here on this subject. Ask God what His will is in the matter. And see if your understanding is not increased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment